“Every person or their family member who has been injured or killed by someone’s misconduct deserves answers as to how and why it happened, and fair compensation for all of the harms and losses suffered.” Guy has been representing injured clients for over 25 years. He has taken his years of experience and courtroom skills developed while working in both large and small law firms and opened the GT Law Firm.
Guy became a lawyer because he wanted to help the powerless against the powerful. To do this effectively, he chose to work at a law firm that represented insurance companies as his first law-related job in order to learn how large insurance companies handle insurance claims. He took that knowledge and began representing injured victims and their families in 1990, first working for a small firm, then opening his own office in 1992.
Unlike some law firms, my practice allows me to really focus on my client as a person, not a number
In 1997, he merged his law practice with a larger personal injury law firm and continued to develop vast experience in all types of practice areas listed on the Services page, while managing and mentoring other lawyers on how to handle cases.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Oklahoma and specially admitted to all Oklahoma Federal Courts and the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Arkansas and all Arkansas Federal Courts as well as the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Specially admitted to appear in the United States Supreme Court.
- Past President and long-time member of the Oklahoma Association for Justice (OAJ), a statewide trial lawyer association of over 400 members. Former OAJ State Delegate to the American Association of Justice (AAJ), a national trial lawyers association.
- Member of AAJ and the AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Group, dedicated to the representation of nursing home residents who have been neglected or abused.
- Appointed to and served on the Oklahoma Legislative Task Force on Nursing Home Insurance in 2006, which recommended to the Governor that all Oklahoma nursing homes be required to have liability insurance.
- Guy has been a speaker at many seminars teaching other lawyers how to handle cases against nursing homes and assisted living facilities.